By Shannon Ferrier ’15
“Baby it’s cold outside” is currently the theme song of us Cincinnatians. As I write to you this lovely blog post it is a whole woppin’ 12 degrees Fahrenheit outside. Last night while we were all asleep, it got down to -2 degrees. Luckily, the administration realized that it would be way too cold to come into school at our normal time of 7:50 with the weather, so we were on a 2-hour delay.
With the cold weather, our weathermen from our favorite news stations recommend us avoiding going outside at all costs. So I thought I would share with you my favorite activities to do when the cold locks me in my house.
- Make hot chocolate
- Build a fort out of blankets
- Take a nap snuggled up with your doggy
- Go to disneychannel.com and play games
- Watch hours of Netflix (if they ask if you’re still watching in between episodes, you’re doing it right)
- Build a bonfire in your basement and invite some friends over to enjoy the warmth.
- Have a tea party with your stuffed animals
- Paint an exact replica of the Mona Lisa
- Work on your mix tape
- Build a rocking horse
Now I am going to be completely honest with you, I only do 3 of these things on a regular basis, but which ever 3 you want to think I do is Gucci with me.
Now in all seriousness, please keep the homeless in your prayers this winter. I know I have problems running from my heated car into my heated house. Keep a blanket in your car and if you see someone who is homeless, give him or her the blanket and do a good deed.