Emily Rickett ’16
Do you ever wonder how Chipotle makes their guacamole so amazing? Chipotle shared with the public their secret recipe for their guac! Since it costs extra to purchase it at the store, you can learn how to make it at home! I am going to give you the ingredients, directions, and even give you feedback of how my attempt tasted!
What you need:
· 2 ripe avocados
· 2 tsp limejuice
· 2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
· 1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
· 1/2 jalapeño, including seeds (finely chopped)
· 1/4 tsp kosher salt
How to make it:
1. Choose the right avocados.
2. Cut the avocado in half and then remove the center.
3. Scoop the avocados and place in a bowl.
4. Toss and coat with lime juice.
5. Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until a smooth consistency is
6. Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7. Taste the guacamole and adjust seasoning if necessary.
I am actually very surprised how well the guacamole tasted after I made it, since I’m not a very good cook. It was very fast and easy to make. My entire family and friends also enjoyed the guac! Emily Sutton ’16 said, “If you hadn’t told me you made it, I would have never known it wasn’t actually from Chipotle!” The guacamole was really easy and fun to make! It tasted almost as good as the guacamole from the restaurant.I really recommend trying this recipe if you are a guacamole fanatic like me!