Rose Homoelle ’19
We all have those friends who are going to Europe, or taking a cruise, or going to the beach this summer, but for those people who aren’t traveling this summer, what are we supposed to do? Here are a few ideas on how to spend your summer days without spending gobs of money.
- Grab a few friends and drive with no direction. Drive with your windows down and your music cranked. I’ve found that just driving around with your friends is a great way to take up time and have a blast.
- Take your friends out to dinner (or somewhere where you can dress up) for the sole purpose of taking cute pictures.
- Drive to a local park to take artsy pictures, experiment with photography!
- Binge watch some shows on Netflix (Criminal Minds, Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Grey’s Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Vampire Diaries, etc.)
- Experiment with cooking! Get on Pinterest and find some yummy foods to make. Invite your friends over to taste your delicious cooking!
- Get involved with a new sport! Summer is the best time to learn!
- Go camping with your friends! If you don’t like camping, you could just set up a tent in your basement just for the fun of it.
- Have a picnic in the park!
- GO SEE FINDING DORY!
- Walk around Newport with your friends.
- Go to the mall with your friends and try on the most ridiculous pair of shoes you can find. Then find the most ridiculous dress.
- KINGS ISLAND/KI WATER PARK
- Go on a “scavenger hunt” around town. Grab a few friends and create a list of challenges. The first team back to base with all of the challenges completed wins. For example:
- Go coning! (order a 99¢ cone from the McDonalds drive thru, but when they give it to you, only take the ice cream part, not the cone. Drive away and make sure you have video proof)
- Propose to a stranger at Krogers!
- Teach a stranger how to dab!
- Get a signature from a Starbucks worker!
- Get a picture with someone named John!
As you can see, there is plenty to do this summer. You just have to get creative!